Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Not Listening To Your Title Tag? You're Not Alone
A thread at WebmasterWorld has a small uprising with webmasters who are upset that their title tags aren't showing in Google's search results. They don't match the title tag from their page source code and are thus very upset. But it seems like this is going beyond what Google has done in the past.
- Google Webmaster Tools Reporting Negative Links?
One of the most popular reports within Google Webmaster Tools is the links to your site report. If SEOs are obsessed with anything, it is links. So when you see things in that report that look out of the norm...
- Google Brings LIFE Image Archive Back To Life
In 2008, Google released the LIFE image archive at images.google.com/hosted/life. But in December 2010, the LIFE archives broke and users were unable to see, search or browse some of the image archives...
- Dad, Stop Spamming Google - It's Embarrassing!
Kids are no strangers to their parents embarrassing them when they want to be seen more as adults. So I found it funny when I spotted a Google Webmaster Help thread from a kid claiming his dad is overly promoting his web site through acts of search and web spam...
- No Google & Yahoo Logos On President's Day But Logos From Bing, Ask.com & Dogpile
Today is President's Day in the United States and many offices are closed for the day. Below I will showcase some of the logos from our search engine industry and as always, Google and Yahoo do not have logos for the special U.S. legal holiday...
- Google Maps Coasters
Special coasters from Google promoting Google Places & Google Maps
- Google Hungary Mihaly Munkacsy Logo
Google Hungary has a special logo for Mihaly Munkacsy. It is his 167th birthday.
- Google's Constantin Brancusi 135th Birthday Logo
Special logo up for Brancusi 135th birthday.
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: February 18, 2011
Exciting week in search, yet again. J.C. Penney and Forbes were both publicly penalized by Google this week, both for paid links. Which then got people trying to call me out for paid links...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Doodle Brancusi, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Doodle Cricket, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Turn Stolen Copy Lemons Into Link Lemonade, Sphinn
- Debra Mastaler Makes Lemonade, Cre8asite Forums
- Anyone Used Or Testing Linkedin's Pay-per-click Advertising Program, HighRankings Forums
- Ecommerce SEO: Black Hat Tactics That Are Not Black Hat, Sphinn
- Google results now displaying relationships to Google Reader, WebmasterWorld
- Yahoo truncating titles more than Bing, WebmasterWorld
- .com vs. co.uk: How to rank co.uk higher in UK?, WebmasterWorld