Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google AdSense Killing PSA Ads
The Google AdSense Blog announced they are retiring the legendary Google AdSense PSA, Public Service Announcements, ads that Google AdSense has been using to fill ads when they can't otherwise...
- Poll: Do You Find Google Webmaster Tools To Be Accurate?
Last week Google announced they have updated the numbers on some of the reports to round at a higher level. Google said, "Instead of showing numbers rounded to two or three digits, the numbers will now be shown with one or two significant digits...
- Bring The Dead Back To Life With Google Search History
I spotted a thread on a fairly morbid topic - death of a loved one. The thread is at Google Web Search Help where a brother said her sister recently died and they want to find some of her search history via Google. I am not exactly sure if this is to look for clues into her death or just for the family to remember her for anything they might find, including her search history.
- Jules Verne Google Logo Made In CSS3
Google has a special logo up today on all Google properties for the author who wrote Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. Jules Verne was born today, February 8th...
- Google Surf Shop
Here is a picture of a sign that reads, "Google Surf Shop." It says it is from Ann Arbor, so this is likely decoration from within Google's Ann Arbor office.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Mea Culpa: How I Failed At Link Building, Sphinn
- Scoring the 2011 Super Bowl Commercials For Search Visibility and Visitor Engagement, Sphinn
- Why Does Google Police Links While Ignoring Garbage Content?, Sphinn
- Please put the picture of Wael Ghoneim on the main page of Google in his honor I am sure that very few to him, Google Web Search Help
- Update: Google Merchant Center Launches in Spain, Italy and the Netherlands, Google Merchant Center Help