Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- New: Test Sitemaps & Googlebot Mobile In Google Webmaster Tools
I believe there are two new features now in Google Webmaster Tools. They are the ability to test sitemaps before submitting them to Google and testing crawlers specifically for Googlebot-Mobile...
- Spam Reporting For Google Rich Snippets
A month ago, we reported an issue with fake rich snippets showing up more often in Google's search results. In short...
- Google Updates Average Position In Webmaster Tools & Analytics
As I reported last night at Search Engine Land, Google has changed their definition for the "average position" as used in Google Webmaster Tool's search query reports and Google Analytics SEO reports...
- Google Maps Public Alerts
Google announced a new feature for Google Maps where they overlay public alerts on the map. So now if there are public alerts, such as weather issues and other issues, Google will overlay them on the map. In addition...
- Got Google Webmaster Questions: Join Today's Hangout
Today at 10:30AM New York time or 3:30PM UK time, Google is holding one of their first English language webmaster hangouts of the new year. Pierre Far announced it on his Google+ page, saying the topic is anything webmaster related to Google...
- F#$% Google Shirt Behind Me
Ziv Dascalu has this 'shtick' with his aggressive SEO presentation that he gives where he wears this special t-shirt, puts on a black winter hat and gets all tough. I was moderating the panel at SMX I
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Apple Reports Highest First Quarter Revenue, Ever, $46.33 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- Businesses May Face Fines of 2pct of Sales For Breach of New E.U. Privacy, WebmasterWorld
- MSN AdCenter Newsletter - Explains Match Types?, WebmasterWorld
- Google AdWords - Valentine's Day Advertising Best Practices, Google AdWords Help
- Has anyone else noticed the SPAM that is being allowed in Google?, WebmasterWorld