Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- How Googlers Respond To Link Exchange Requests
That is a picture of Susan Moskwa, a Google Webmaster Trends Analyst, who works with the search quality team at Google. Someone sent her an email requesting a link exchange.
- Pornography Set To Google Home Page Background
A Google Web Search Help thread has a disgruntled Google user complaining that his Google home page contains an image of a naked woman.
- Google In Trouble Over Ads Leading To Fake London Olympics Tickets
The BBC reports Google admitted to profiting from selling ads to scammers selling illegal and fake Olympics tickets for the summer 2012 Olympics.
- Googlers Drink Red Bull, Starbucks, Mug Root Beer, Energy Drinks & Macallan
Chris Schrier, a Googler who works on Linux Administration, posted a picture on Google+ of the drinks on his desk after a long work day. The drinks include Red Bull, Starbucks, Mug Root Beer, Energy.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- University campus Street View, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- AdWords Community Account Development - Eric's law firm needs community help., Google AdWords Help