But Googlers are replying with the following message:
Thanks for your concern, everyone. We understand your frustration, but we have no plans to revert to the old version of Google News.
Abe from Google replied after posting this explaining why Google made the change:
We definitely made changes to the new version based on user feedback during the experimental phase. For example, one of the biggest things users told us was that they wanted more control over which sources they saw articles from. We took that feedback seriously, along with everything else users told us, and made that feature a launch priority. Users can now tell us which sources they want to see more or fewer articles from, and we think that feature makes the product much stronger. We're going to keep listening to your feedback, and we're going to keep improving the product based on it.
Here are some select threads, I love the last one:
- Google News has been redesigned
- Homepage Redesign experiment
- The new google news site sucks so bad that I am currently looking for an alternative. Anything else close ?
- How to change news back to normal
- PLEASE GIVE US A WAY TO OPT OUT OF THIS EXPERIMENTAL VERSION! ... ASAP!!!
- Google News is experimenting with new features. Please let us know what you think!
- here is how I rolled back to old google news layout
- PLEASE return to old news layout.
- Do you plan to allow those of us who are daily users to have the old format back? Hate it after being best fan !!!
- Does anyone else think the changes to the Google news page suck?
- Please allow reverting to the old version. The new version requires too much scrolling. Use two columns for news.
- Can we have the option to keep the old version?
- Does Google hate us?
Please take the poll I posted yesterday, here it is again:
Forum discussion at several dozen Google News Forum threads.