Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google AdWords Tests Open Image Product Ads
Google continues to try out new ad formats for integrating Google Product data from Google Base into the AdWords results. Recently a reader sent Search Engine Land a screen capture of a new form of Google displaying these product results. In short, the new part is that you do not need to click on anything to display the site's product images and or pricing. Here is a picture: As you can see, this single ad
- Should You Flaunt Your Search Engine Rankings?
A WebmasterWorld thread has discussion on the topic of promoting the fact that you rank number one in a search engine for an important keyword. Does it make sense, in some cases or any case, to promote the fact that you are the top result in Google, Yahoo or Bing? Clearly, if you are an SEO company and you need to show your results to prospects, it would be wise to show off your success.
- Will Google Send Christmas (Holiday) Gifts This Year (2009)?
I found it a bit funny that a WebmasterWorld thread is already discussing if and what Google would be sending out as a holiday gift this year. Yea, four months prior to the holiday season, Google advertisers and publishers are talking about the gift they may or may not send out this year. Google historically has sent some really nice gifts to both AdSense and AdWords (amongst others) customers. In 2005 they sent a how
- Google Maps Live Traffic Changes Based on Zoom Level?
Over the past few months, there have been random complaints from Google Maps users about the live traffic data. In short, people are saying that when they zoom into see more detail on the red colored traffic indicators, the color changes to another color. A Google Maps Help has posts from three different Google Maps users over the course of three months. Clearly, this cannot be a wide spread issue, because of the very few
- Google Loving Keywords in URLs Now?
A WebmasterWorld thread has new discussion around how important it is to have keywords in the URL. This is a very old SEO topic, but new chatter in the industry is saying how keywords in the URLs actually make more of an impact in your rankings in Google today, more than it has in a long time. Now, keywords in the URL can mean two things (well, more than two, but we will discuss only
- What's Going On With Google UK's Search Results?
There is an excellent guest article at Search Engine Land named The Curious Case Of Google's Bizarre UK Search Results. In this write up, Bas van den Beld explains some of the recent history with what is going on in the Google UK results and shows specific examples of why he is upset with the results. Let me catch you up, because it actually goes a bit further back than what Bas explained. In April
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- How to Remove Redirects from Google SERPs, Sphinn
- YouTube to Extend Video Monetization, WebmasterWorld
- Documents E-mailed In Not Appearing In Docs List, Google Docs Help
- Error message when uploading PDFs, Google Docs Help
- Google Toolbar; Doesn’t Work On Chrome WHY?????????, DigitalPoint Forums
- Is the Adwords API an option for small advertisers?, WebmasterWorld
- Viewing previous images, Bing Community