Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Poll: Do You (SEMs) Currently Have a Job?
I wanted to run a quick poll to see how many of you are employed in this deep recession. The poll is completely anonymous and it would help others gauge how safe or unsafe the search marketing industry is during this recession. Please take the poll below and tell your friends to take it. SEMs: Are You Employed?(online surveys) A Search Engine Watch Forums thread seems to believe that the search marketing industry is doing
- $30,000 Google Surprise: New Advertiser Runs Up Huge Bill
A Google AdWords Help thread has a sad story from a new Google advertiser who seemed to have accidently run up a bill from Google that got out of control. On day one, the advertiser set up his/her campaign and came back the next day to check in. What did this advertiser find? A cost of almost $30,000 accured on the campaign over the past 24 hours. As you can see from this person's post,
- Google Centralizes Advertising Solutions On Microsite
Google offers a lot of ways to market your business. Google's claim to fame and where they make most of their money is from search ads and contextual ads. But they do offer other ways to market your products and/or services. Google announced the launch of a new site named Google for Advertisers. The site is broken down into the fully structure: Online Advertising Search AdvertisingWebsite AdvertisingYouTube AdvertisingAdvertising ManagementFree Marketing TV Advertising Mobile Advertising
- Why Am I Seeing AdSense Reports in Euros?
The first week of March, Google gave publishers the ability to view their reports in Euros and get paid in either dollars or Euros. Since then, I have noticed many threads from confused publishers asking why are their reports now in Euros. Like it happened by itself. AdSense Pro Jen chimed in on one of those thread at Google AdSense Help explaining what is going on. She said: I've been in contact with the Dublin
- Google Analytics Fixes "Content Data" Reports
Google Analytics was experiencing an issue with the "Content Data" reports where it would not show information in some cases. Specifically, if you selected an individual date from the date selector and then viewed the Content Data reports, it would show up with no data. The issue was first confirmed by a Google representative in Google Analytics Help. In that thread, Analytics Pro Christelle said two days ago: Thanks everyone for the posts. We are
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Justice Dept. Opens Antitrust Inquiry Into Google Books Deal, WebmasterWorld
- Problems with Streetview, Google Maps Help
- Yahoo Top Search Performer On Mobile Web, DigitalPoint Forums
- Alternative Keyword Suggestions Tool: Actual Keywords, Sphinn
- Are Shortened URL Links Worth The Trouble?, Sphinn
- Hyphens, Directories, And Url Length, HighRankings Forums
- Triple Linking, HighRankings Forums