Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Webmaster Tools Mobile Warning: "Document Size Too Large"
Google Webmaster Tools is full of useful things, including mobile web page errors and warnings. A new warning that was spotted was on the size of your mobile web pages. We have two threads on the topic, one at WebmasterWorld and the other at Google Groups. The threads report the same "Mobile crawl errors": Document size too large Google currently has zero documentation on exactly how large is too large for mobile web pages. But
- First Screen Captures of Google AdWords New Quality Score & First Page Bids
A DigitalPoint Forums thread led me to the PPC Book blog that has pictures of the AdWords console, with the new quality score system in place. As you know, Google is slowly releasing the new AdWords Quality Score system to advertisers over the next couple of weeks. I personally do not have any accounts with the new metrics, but PPC Book blog does. Here is a screen capture of the new quality score. from PPC
- Google Does Crawl & Index UTF-8 Encoded URLs
A Google Groups thread asks if Google can crawl and index UTF-8 encoded URLs. The quick answer is yes, Google can crawl and index these URLs. Google's JohnMu provided a link to the Google search results as proof, showing Google indexed and displayed the results: John explains that in some cases Google won't crawl them. He recommends "that you also use escaped URLs in your links, to make sure that your site is compatible with
- Can Google Win The Browser Wars With Google Chrome?
I am sure many, if not all, of you have heard the news about Google Chrome, Google's open source web browser that is launching today. Techmeme is plastered with blog posts on the topic, it is seriously amazing! In any event, Google accidently sent out the email notification about this new browser they are beta testing to Google Blogoscoped. Google Blogoscoped posted the details based on the email from Google and then the news got
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Explorer 8 Inprivate - Will it block Adsense?, WebmasterWorld
- Google dropping .co.uk websites from it's .com SERPs?, WebmasterWorld
- SSL redirects and load balancer, Google Groups
- Auto-translated content going to get me into trouble?, WebmasterWorld
- How many links are allowed per page, WebmasterWorld
- Value of a Stumbleupon button on a largely commercial site?, WebmasterWorld
- Yahoo Drops Mash and exits social networking, DigitalPoint Forums