adCenter has now classified low-quality clicks that will not be billed, which include invalid clicks, clicks that appear to be unusual activity, clicks that have low/unclear commercial intent, clicks that originate from spiders, and clicks that should be filtered out for other reasons.
The adCenter blog walks you through how to access these new reports:
1. After signing in to your Microsoft adCenter account, click the Reports tab.
2. In the Report drop-down list, select either Campaign Performance or Account Performance.
3. In the Report View drop-down list, select Summary.
4. In the Date Range drop-down list, select the date range you want to work with.
5. Under Customize this report, in the Columns and values row, select Customize report layout. In the Available values section, you will now see several new column headings:
* Low-quality clicks * Low-quality impressions * Low-quality click filtration rate * Low-quality impression filtration rate * Low-quality click conversions * Low-quality click conversion rate
Yahoo and Google have also taken steps to take action on PPC quality with quality based pricing and smart pricing for AdSense. Google is rolling out new tools for advertisers, including IP exclusion and performance reporting, so this is a good step for adCenter.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.