Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- New: Google "Reading Level" Search Filter
Google has added a brand new search filter option to the advanced search page named "Reading level." The purpose is to give users a way to find content based on your reading level...
- Google's Penalties For Link Schemes Aren't Always So Obvious
Google has gone on record time and time again that link schemes with the intent of manipulating Google's search results is against their terms of service and will thus take action against web sites both algorithmically and manually...
- YouTube Extends Upload Limit Past 2.5 Hours
YouTube announced they have extended the upload limits to "videos that are longer than 15 minutes." They did this for "selected users with a history of complying with the YouTube Community Guidelines...
- Google Sitemaps Bug With Indexed URLs Reporting 0
There are reports at Google Webmaster Help and WebmasterWorld from users reporting that Google is reporting they have zero indexed URLs. The report is in Google Webmaster Tools within Sitemaps...
- 1/4th Of Twitter Users Don't Use Twitter
Pew Internet announced a report they released on Twitter usage. You can download the PDF report over here. Everyone is talking about the 8% figure. 8% of Americans are on Twitter. Wow...
- Google Gingerbread Man
The life size Google Gingerbread Man on campus, codename for Android 2.3...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Does the 70/30 SEO/PPC split still apply?, Sphinn
- DOTW: Has AdWords/PPC Become Too Complicated for the Average Person/Small Business Owner?, Sphinn
- Duplicate content: causes and solutions, Sphinn
- Fundamentals of PDF Optimisation for Search, Sphinn
- How To Act Blackhat And Get Away With It, Sphinn
- Why Groupon said no to Googles $5billion, WebmasterWorld
- The Philosophy of Crap Content, Sphinn