Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Are DMCA Requests Up After Google's Algorithm Announcement?
On August 10th, Google announced that valid DMCA requests are part of their algorithms for search quality. We expected a bunch of new SEO services to come up where you would pay a monthly fee to submit your competitors sites to Google's DMCA forms. We expected that DMCA takedown requests would surge.
- Google: Subdomains & Subdirectories Equal For Geo SEO Purposes
If I had my way for serving up localized and geographic specific international content, I'd go with a gTLD (country specific top level domain). But it isn't always possible or practical. When you can't, you should probably go the subdirectory or subdomain approach...
- Google's Cutts: We Don't Use Chrome Data For Search Quality
Bill Hartzer said he spoke to Google's Matt Cutts at SES San Francisco a couple weeks ago, where he asked Matt if Google used Chrome browser data for search ranking or quality purposes. Matt told Bill that Google does not use Chrome data for search ranking or quality purposes.
- Apple Wins: Samsung Infringes: Is Mobile Search Affected?
Late Friday, the court ruled in the patent case of Apple versus Samsung. In short, Apple destroyed Samsung and most of the claims of patent infringement against Samsung were found legit. Apple was awarded about $1...
- IAC Buys About.com For $300 Million
New York Time's About.com sold for $300 million but not to Answers.com as we expected, instead it was sold to Barry Diller's IAC. The news is out and despite IAC coming late to the game on the offer to buy About.com...
- Belly Dancer At Google
Chris Schrier posted a picture on Google+ of a TGIAF event at Google New York's office of a belly dancer entertaining Googlers during live music. It appears this is being done at one of Google's balc
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Join us at our Pan-European AdSense In Your City event in Dublin - September 2012, Google AdSense Help
- Missing Google Reviews - FTC Complaints and Several New Updates, Catalyst eMarketing
- Google crafts algorithms to get more women in more positions, WebmasterWorld
- Google's Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Papers Online, WebmasterWorld
- URGENT! Our Hospital places page shows wrong address - patients mislead to wrong address! I can't recieve Pin# so I can change the address., Google Places Help