Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- What SEO Geeks Argue About
This morning, I spotted a group of SEOs arguing about if a URL can be "indexed" if the page is blocked by a noindex tag or robots.txt file...
- Will Socially Awkward Sites Suffer In Google In The Long Run?
A WebmasterWorld thread asks a question probably on the mind of many site owners today. The question asked, "Is my site doomed because I won't go social...
- Unicode URLs May Have Issues In Bing
A Bing Webmaster Help thread has some users reporting issues on how Bing handles unicode URLs within Bing Webmaster Center and the robots.txt handling...
- Check Your Competitors Rich Snippets Quickly With This Bookmarklet
AJ Kohn posted a new quick tool he put together to allow people to quickly test a page's rich snippets markup. The tool is very basic, it is a bookmarklet that takes you to the Google Rich Snippets testing tool but automatically fills in the URL of the page you are on...
- Google Kippah
Martin Gordon took a picture of a street vendor in Israel who is selling Kippahs, male Jewish head coverings, with the logos from our favorite internet companies. The logos include Google, Facebook,
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- ZDNet blogger outs an SEO spammer, Google Webmaster Help
- Proposal for a new Google product: Book count, WebmasterWorld
- Will changing the ads on my site affect my SERPs?, WebmasterWorld
- ''Strict'' safe search is not even close to being strict!, Google Webmaster Help
- Doodle May Ziade's birthday, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Pipe symbol in page titles can cause odd search results, WebmasterWorld