Google quietly announced on the Android Google+ page an update to Google Now for Android users being pushed out now. The new features include news topics, website updates and what to watch.
- Website update card can bring you things like the latest post so you’ll never miss a story.
- News topic card brings you fresh articles from the web on topics you care about.
- What to watch card gives you Movie and TV recommendations when you’re staying in.
I am sure publishers are incredibly interested in how they can get their content to show up in the website updates or news topic cards. I have to assume it is based of Google News consumption and search history. Too bad Google dropped Google Reader.
Here are some screen shots:
Other updates include:
- See traffic incidents on your commute using real-time data from Waze
- Set repeat reminders
- Get real time scores for rugby teams
- See when your packages are ready for in-store pickup.
Forum discussion at Google+.