In this week's recap, I take you to St. Louis with a quick recap on my laptop. Bing launched visual search, while Google launched news flip. Google added DoubleClick to AdWords. Parameter handling finally came to Google Webmaster Tools. Yahoo secretly added top query and URLs reports to Site Explorer. Bing takes over 10 percent market share. Google acquired reCAPTCHA for OCR improvement. Google says validation doesn't help with ranking boost. Google's related command is much better. Bing hides MSNBot as Mozilla, plus they don't reverse DNS properly. SEOs don't like to show off and SEMs refuse to let Google manage their AdWords accounts. Are there AdSense poison words and is it a double standard? Is Google locking down AdSense publishers? When will the Google UFO or flying saucer logos be solved? Everyone, thanks for listening to this weeks search recap. Have a wonderful Rosh Hashanah and Talk Like a Pirate Day from the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Video Demo of Bing's New Visual Search
- Video Demo of Google News Fast Flip
- DoubleClick Now Integrated With Google AdWords, Impacts AdSense
- Google Adds Parameter Handling To Webmaster Tools, Plays Catchup to Yahoo Site Explorer
- Yahoo Site Explorer Adds Top Queries Report
- Bing Springs To 10% Market Share, Takes From Yahoo
- Google Acquires reCAPTCHA, SEOs Drop reCAPTCHA
- Google Says Pages That Validate Do Not Get Ranking Boost
- Google's Related Command Now More Accurate?
- Bing Masking MSNBot Under Mozilla's UserAgent & Reverse IP Fails
- SEO Show Offs: Poll Results
- 87% Won't Allow Google To Manage Their AdWords Accounts
- Google AdSense Poison Words & The AdSense/AdWords Double Standard
- Google AdSense Locks Down Publisher Accounts For Manual Review
- Goog_e's Missing "L" Crop Circles UFO Logo