In this weeks video, I speak for some time about the conflicting reports from Google around Penguin and Panda and if Google intentionally misleads us or if there is a valid reason for it. Yandex is going back to adding links to their ranking algorithm. Bing is showing mobile friendly labels in their search results. Google is now showing uninstalled Android apps in the mobile search results through App Indexing. Google said the mobile friendly algorithm will only impact the core ten blue links. Google said your site will not be delisted if it is not mobile friendly. Google officially dropped the URL in the mobile results for site name and breadcrumbs. Google is testing line breaks in weird places in the mobile results. Google is testing a people also ask section. Google change of address tool now officially supports subdomains. Google AdSense launched new performance reports. Google AdWords had a bug with their preview tool. The EU is opening anti trust charges against Google, it is serious. Yahoo renewed their deal with Microsoft but it gives them more ways out of using Bing in the search results. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google: What Is Real Time Versus What Is Manually Pushed With Penguin & Links
- Google: It Sucks We Provide Contradictory Information On Penguin & Panda Updates
- Yandex: Links To Return To Our Search Ranking Algorithm
- Bing Now Showing Mobile Friendly Label In Mobile Results
- Uninstalled Android Apps Now Benefit In Google's Mobile Search Results
- Google: Only Google's Core Ten Blue Links Impacted By Mobile-Friendly Algorithm
- Google: We Won't Remove Your Non Mobile-Friendly Site From Our Search Results Liars
- Google Officially Drops URLs In Mobile Search Results For Site Name & Breadcrumbs
- Google Mobile Testing Line Separator Between URL & Description
- Google Tests "People Also Ask" Box In Search Results
- It's Official: Google Change Of Address Tool Subdomain Feature
- Google AdSense New Performance Reports Upset Publishers
- Google AdWords Ad Preview & Diagnosis Sometimes Showing Incorrect Ads
- European Commission Opens Anti-Trust Investigation On Google & Android
- Yahoo Renews Microsoft Deal Reducing Yahoo's Dependence On Bing Ads
This post was pre-written and scheduled to be posted today. FYI, I am offline today so I won't see your comments until likely Sunday or Monday.