Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google With No Cinco de Mayo Logo: Yahoo, Bing, Ask & Dogpile Celebrate
Like the previous years, Google is without a special logo, even on Google Mexico, for Cinco de Mayo. The date, May 5th...
- Tactics To Beat The Link Buyers
A nice WebmasterWorld thread asks other SEOs how they go about competing against sites who use link buying as a tactic. You own a site...
- Google Forcing AdWords Advertisers To Set Up SSL & Privacy/Opt Out Policies
Google announced they will begin requiring many of their advertisers to ensure their web site practices and technology is in accordance with rules to make the AdWords marketplace "safe, fair, and trusted marketplace" for their searches. The new rules will require...
- Google's Panda Update Hopes To Curate An Apple-Like Web
The NPR had a radio interview with one webmaster who was nailed by the Google Panda update and Google's Matt Cutts. The radio interview makes you feel the real devastation some webmasters are going through with this Google Panda update...
- Have A G Day! Google Shwag
Here is a nice picture of someone's gift from Google. The gift says "Have A G Day!" It includes a Google mug, business card, an Android toy and what appears to be Android phone and book.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Adult content suggested instead of the right word, Google Web Search Help
- Discussion: How do you explain Twitter to someone who's never used it?, Sphinn
- New! Google Maps for Android version 5.4!, Google Mobile Help
- Report: Facebook Now Serving 31.2 pct Of U.S. Online Ads, WebmasterWorld
- SEO Checklist for Local Small Business Websites, Sphinn
- Speculating On The Next Shift In Google Search Algorithms, Sphinn
- Top 30 Net Properties In Europe: Google, Microsoft & Facebook Lead, WebmasterWorld