WebmasterWorld moderator, goodROI, posted a thread at WebmasterWorld asking SEOs and webmasters to share "what method(s) do you use to formulate your SEO strategy?"
In short, what do you SEOs focus on when trying to rank well in Google?
He starts off by telling everyone he focuses on what Google tells him not to focus on. When Google says don't focus on links, then he will focus on links. His logic, Google is not telling us not to focus on meta tags - so since Google is not bothering with that, he knows it is not important. But links, they do talk about that a lot, don't they?
Here is the list of what SEOs in the thread focus on, but the thread is just getting started:
- Focuses on what Google tells Webmasters to ignore, such as links
- Stays away from over saturated niche markets
- Focus on who is ranking and what they are doing
- Focus on harming competitors
- There is no silver bullet, never will be
I am sure many more ideas will be added to the thread soon.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.