Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Should I Continue Working with an Ignorant SEO Client?
A High Rankings Forum member has run into a bit of a rut with one of his clients who was "'brainwashed" by an SEO that editing the meta tags (and repeating keywords) would result in great rankings. The original SEO wants to get his client back, but doesn't know how to best approach this. Is it even worth the hassle? While this is posed to the High Rankings Forum for member advice, the general consensus
- Google Maps Mobile Installation Bug
If you're using an ATT Tilt (HTC 8925) with Windows Mobile 6.0, you may run into a slight problem when trying to install Google Maps for Mobile. At least four separate reports have come in that indicate that there's an issue with the application installation on that particular phone. According to reports, when you try to install the application, you'll receive an error message: The archive file (.jar) for Google Maps cannot be found at
- Labor Day '08 Logos Not From Google or Yahoo
Like last year, Google, Yahoo and Ask.com do not have special logos up for Labor Day. But Dogpile and even Live.com have logos or themes live for the day. Here is DogPile's logo: Live.com has a mention of Labor Day in one of their mouse over elements: We at the Search Engine Roundtable have a theme for Labor Day: It is not uncommon for Google and Yahoo not to have logos for Labor Day. They
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: August 31, 2008
I was in Boston for a bit this week, I have some pictures in the video. Google Suggest is now the defaul behavior on Google.com but how does that impact SEMs? Google AdWords make the quality score, more real time. Google might be paying less attention to anchor text? Was there a PageRank update? Yahoo started indenting search results. Yahoo Site Explorer is testing a new look and information. Google is testing displaying ads at
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Digital Point's Shawn Hogan Sued for Cookie Stuffing, Sphinn
- Google Penalizes these Mistakes! Avoid Them!, DigitalPoint Forums
- How Are Those Labor Day Weekend Numbers Looking So Far?, WebmasterWorld
- Problem in WMT with Googlebot 404 showing wrong directory, WebmasterWorld
- The 30 Easiest Ways to Get Links and Exposure, Sphinn