The paid model is named Google Apps Premier Edition and includes:
- 99.9% uptime guarantee for email**
- 10 GB / account
- Ability to turn off ads
- Shared calendar resources
- APIs to integrate with your existing infrastructure
- Single sign-on
- User provisioning and management
- Support for email gateway
- Limited Email migration tools
- 24/7 assistance, including phone support
- 3rd party applications and services
- Plus everything standards Google Apps offers
The cost is $50 per user per year, which is not too bad at all. But if you are unsure, you can sign up for a free trial until April 30th, 2007. To sign up, just go here and fill out the forms. Also there is a NY Times article out on the piece.
The big deal here is probably the phone support, I wonder if Google will manage that themselves or outsource that.