I am currently running a Private Beta from SurfWax to embed a new search technology that overlays the blog's current built in search. Basically, as you begin typing, it searches the most recent entries, to help you find articles as you type. It is a bit similar to Google Suggest, read Gary Price's SearchDay on it, you will notice the difference as you try it out. Here is a how to on it. You can test it out by typing in the search box on the left side of this page.
- Start typing to see blog sentence "snips". (sorted by date; most recent stories first) (a line separates sentences by story)
- Enter words in any order.
- Backspace to change.
- Put a space between words that go together (e.g., white house)
- Use a + for non-contiguous words (e.g., white house+president)
- Keep typing to narrow the list.
- Use up/down arrows or scroll.
- Click on a snip to go directly to that page.
Please let me know what you think. I will populate the site with this feature now.
Forum discussion at Search Engine Roundtable Forums.