Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: March 23, 2012
Interesting week in search, ending with a Google search engineer blowing up on accusations that when Google's search results suck...
- Google: When Search Results Suck, It's Because We're Stupid
Google engineer, Ryan Moulton who knows "all the ranking signals" yells out about acquisitions that Google's search results suck because Google is trying to make more money. He said that when they suck, it is because the algorithms are stupid - not because Google wants to make more money. I think he said it better than Matt Cutts.
- Google Speeds Up Ad Diagnostics With Hover Action
Google AdWords announced a new quick way to check the status of your ads. You can now hover over the speech bubble near the keyword to see the status of the ad. Here is a picture: After you hover over the icon...
- New Display Network Tab In AdWords Console
Google announced a new tab is coming to the AdWords interface soon...
- Juan Gris 125th Birthday Google Logo
Today is the 125th birthday of the late Spanish painter, Juan Gris. To celebrate his contributions to the world, Google has a special logo worldwide symbolizing his work in the form of a Google Doodle. Here is a picture of the Google Logo in the form of Cubism art...
- Google Campus Launch Party Drinks
Chet Thaker was at the Google Campus launch party last night in London and shared pictures on Google+. This one looks like very Googlely drinks that I likely wouldn't think about tasting. How scient
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google hangout for News Publishers March 27,2012 at 2pm eastern US time, Google News Help
- The Ever Shrinking CPC, WebmasterWorld