A Cre8asite Forums thread has a story of an SEO who got himself in a mess. The mess is that he has to get his client 20 PR6 links all for the price of $475.
Yea, read that again. The thread discusses two things: (1) That this task is nearly impossible and (2) possible methods to achieve this goal. Let's focus on how one can possibly achieve this goal.
- Buy 20 PR6 links for just one week
- Try to create a Wikipedia page
- Call in favors is probably your best bet. Ammon explains "another darned good reason to be a generous soul in this industry," I agree.
- ProjectPHP recommends going extreme: "Sell your virginity, sell a house for a $1, out a celebrity with photos"
- Hide somewhere so the client can't find you
This is a tough situation. Linkbait might be the best way to go in this case. Get some nice juicy Digg bait and you are set. But it is risky because your social media campaign might not work out the way you planned.
Forum discussion at Cre8asite Forums.