I thought my fourth post on the Google May Day update would be it for the month of May, but I was wrong. In my fifth post on May Day in May 2010, Matt Cutts has released a video on what is going on in this "May Day update."
- April 28th - May 3rd is when it happened
- Algorithmic change
- Impacts long tail searches more than short tail searches
- It is "deliberate" and will be sticking around
- Quality change
- No relation to Caffeine but Caffeine is "proceeding to pace"
- No human manipulation
- This is not temporary
- If you are impacted, assess your site for quality
Here is the detailed video from Google's Matt Cutts:
Matt also now has his hair back.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld and Sphinn.