It was not one of those crazy weeks, but I still have a lot to talk about, so I am sorry. First, a dumb SEO created a fake Google+ Local listing then created fake Google+ accounts for well known SEO personalities and left 60+ positive reviews for the fake company. Yea, that back fired big time. There were rumors of a Panda update but it didn't happen, but there was a scraper update in Google Japan. Is Ask.com playing the Google arbitrage game? Google Knowledge Graph now explains the relationship of things or people. Google authorship does show up for sites without code on them, it is pretty neat but also a bit scary. Matt Cutts said Google reads all reconsideration request and responses to most of them. Google's content keyword report does not tell you how Google sees the relevancy of your site. The NY Times has an excellent five part series on an AdWords advertiser's problems. I think Google will launch their top down navigation soon. Yahoo may be offering search points and awards for searching. Matt Cutts is now a hall of famer, he was inducted into the University of Kentucky Hall of Fame. How do SEOs vote? I have a poll, you may be surprised. SMX Israel's agenda is now live, if you want to speak, please pitch. Next week, I'll be in Israel, so I hope my coverage and video come out good. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Fake Google+ Local Reviews By SEO Company Backfires
- Rumor: Google Panda Update #21 On October 17th? Nope.
- Google Japan Gets Their Scraper Algorithm
- Poll: Is Ask.com Using Google AdWords For Arbitrage Purposes?
- Google Knowledge Graph Now With Relationships
- Google Author Image Showing In Search Results For Other Web Sites
- Matt Cutts: Yes, We Read Your Reconsideration Requests
- Google Content Keywords In Webmaster Tools Doesn't Represent Relevancy
- NY Times: Google AdWords Advertiser Shares His Problems
- Google's Top Down Navigation Has Bugs
- Report: Yahoo To Offer Awards To Search On Yahoo
- Cutts Not Just Google's Spam Finder But A Hall Of Famer
- SEO US Politics: Who Are You Voting For?
- Speak At SMX Israel 2013 This January