A slower week in search news, mostly due to Labor Day but there were some fun topics. First, I posted my large monthly Google webmaster report. I still think there is some type of Google update brewing but Google won't confirm. Google seems to be testing 4 search results, instead of 7 or 10. Disqus and Google are not getting along, spewing tons of 404 errors in Webmaster Tools. Google said Microsoft is still using IE click data from Google's search results for Bing ranking. Microsoft released the Bing It On search blind taste test, claiming 2:1 prefer Bing. Google has hosted over 100 webmaster hangouts in the past 8 months! That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- September 2012 Google Webmaster Report
- Google Update Still Brewing: Penguin? Panda?
- Google Search Results: From 10 To 7 To 4?
- Disqus WordPress Plugin Confusing GoogleBot
- Google: Bing Still Using Our Click Data For Ranking
- Bing It On: Is Bing Really Preferred To Google?
- Google Hosts Over 100 Google Webmaster Hangouts