This week in search news we posted a poll where I want to know if you were hit by the Penguin 2.0 update, please take that poll. Google's Matt Cutts responded to false claims that authorship negatively impacted a site's traffic. Google's Matt Cutts went on the record about advertorials. Google's Cutts also explained the best way to use the disavow tool. He talked about how internal links most likely won't hurt you. John Mueller explained more on how to remove content from Google. Webmasters are asking how do you discover all your spammy links. Bing News added an image carousel plus deeper search. Google AdSense updated their ad review center. AdWords it testing pink colors. AdWords added a bulk upload for ads and ad groups. AdWords lets you schedule weekly reports any day of the week now. Google had a ribbon on Memorial Day, was that right? There is a Google Doodle for Julius Richard Petri, the Petri dish logo. Plus, I can now use slow motion on YouTube to slow down this video. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Poll: Were You Affected By Google Penguin 2.0?
- Google's Cutts: Your Ugly Face Didn't Hurt Your Rankings, Penguin Did.
- Google's Cutts: Nofollow Links In Advertorials Or Else!
- Google: Use The Disavow Tool Like A Machete & Not Fine-Toothed Comb
- Google's Cutts On Internal Links Hurting You
- Google Shares Insight Into Content Removal: 404s Confirmation & More
- How Do You Uncover Your Spammy Links?
- Bing News Gets Carousel, Related People & Older Results
- Google AdSense Updates Ad Review Center
- Google AdWords Tests Off Pink Color
- Bulk Upload Your Ads & Ad Groups To Google AdWords
- Google AdWords Weekly Reports No Longer Just On Mondays
- Memorial Day: Google's Ribbon vs. Bing's Home Page
- Bacteria! Julius Richard Petri & The Google Petri Dish Logo
- Slow Motion Option Added To YouTube Editor