This week at the Search Engine Roundtable, we share the anger webmasters have about the new Google image search design. Some webmasters are upset with BingBot crawling too much and possibly even AdWords ads. Google has updated their spam algorithms for maps/business reviews. Google also updated the local business management page. Google's guidelines even confuse their own. Google has two bugs in Webmaster Tools, one with setting your message preference and the other with editing your URL parameters. Google is testing animated AdSense ads. Yahoo reported good earnings with both paid clicks and CPC prices up. I showed how Google+ blocks spam. Google had a special Doodle for Jackie Robinson, the first black Major League Baseball player but the search results for the Doodle were not great. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Webmasters Notice Decline In Google Image Search Traffic After Design Update
- BingBot Crawl Activity Surging?
- Concern Over Bing Crawling AdWords Ads
- Google Updates Maps Review Spam Algorithms
- Google Places / Local Business Management Update
- Google Is Even Confused By Their Google Places Guidelines
- Multiple Locations? You Need Multiple Phone Numbers In Google Maps
- Google Webmaster Tools Message Preferences Bug
- You Can't Add Or Edit Your URL Parameters In Google Webmaster Tools
- Animated Google AdSense Ads
- Yahoo Increases Paid Clicks 11% & CPC Prices 1%
- How Google+ Blocks Spam
- Jackie Robinson Google Logo: First Black Major League Baseball Player
- The Grand Slam Google Doodle Bug