A busy week at Google this week, we had a Panda refresh - version 24. We had Google deny the January 17th possible update, but now people are saying it is being reversed - was it a bug? It seems like Google's relevancy has gone down since recently. Google updated their image search user interface, as expected, webmasters aren't happy despite what Google says. Google is testing a gray top bar. Seems like links work within press releases despite what Google's Matt Cutts said. Google is taking Chrome SSL, meaning more not provided in analytics. Google finally shows a moved status on Google Maps but it isn't great. Google's cost per click prices finally go up, based on Google's earning reports. This Monday is Community Manager Appreciation Day, they deserve it, so say something nice to them on Monday. Finally, a searcher wrote Google a love letter that we all should read. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Announces 24th Panda Refresh; Not Related To January 17th
- That Update Google Denied; Seems Like A Brand Signal Update
- Google Shuffle Being Reports: A January 17th Reversal?
- Panda: What Happened To Fixing The Scraper Issue?
- Google Says New Image Search Interface Is Better For Webmasters
- Goodbye Black Top Bar; Welcome Gray Top Bar
- Hey Matt, Links In Press Releases Do Impact Your Search Engine
- Not Provided To Increase With Chrome 25 Going SSL
- Google Maps Displaying "Relocated" For Businesses That Move
- Google's Cost Per Click Prices Finally Rise As GOOG Beats Estimates
- Community Manager Appreciation Day On Monday
- Read This Love Letter Sent To Google By A Searcher