It is now 9 days after SMX Israel 2014 and honestly, I am still recuperating. The conference completely wiped me out, you can see what I mean if you watch my video from a few days ago. But it was worth it!
This was our best show yet, all around. From content, networking, food, accommodations, the general vibe and feel. I am biased of course, but I get the feel from the people and it honestly felt that we completely nailed this show on so many levels. Heck, I am still getting feedback from people who went to the show that loved it.
We sold out a week before the event took place, which rocks. We also had all our speakers show up, which is rare for large conferences. Normally at a conference, there is a speaker or two that has to cancel last minute. It just seemed like everything from the content, speakers, sponsors, to the food, atmosphere and heck, even the internet, all worked so incredibly well.
Even the Googlers who attended, about 35+ from both the paid side and organic side (Webmaster Tools team) seemed to enjoy it. They mentioned it early on in this webmaster hangout with John Mueller.
John Mueller was our keynote, it was the first time we had a keynote session in a single room. It worked out pretty well timing wise and I think we will keep doing the keynote styles. Here is a panorama picture of the room when John was speaking:
SMX Israel was even trending on Twitter that day. :)
My favorite picture is when one of the speakers had their mother (or grandmother) sitting in the front row watcher her speak. The smile on her face was priceless:
Of course, the packed rooms, standing room only, with 300+ people in a single room, says a lot about how much our industry has come. And I think this was in the "mobile SEO" panel, where previously we had only a handful of people show years ago.
My pictures didn't come out all that great but there were plenty of pictures, blog posts, tweets, social shares throughout the day. Here are some of the ones I have found, if I missed any, please add them to the comments and I will try to get them included here:
- Best Of SMX Israel by managinggreatness.com
- SMX Israel 2014 Recap – An Outlook on Search in 2014 by yourposition.ch
- Top Tips from SMX Israel by nekuda.co.il
- The Kahena Recap of SMX Israel 2014: Awesome Tips, Tools, and People by kahenadigital.com
- A Summary of #SMXIsrael 2014: Be Real, Sharable, & Social by noholtzbarred.com
- Put Social Media to Work for You by pixelpointpress.com
- Google’s John Mueller on Mobile, Spam and Not Provided: SMX Israel Closing Keynote by pixelpointpress.com
- Getting Links: It’s All About Hustle and Relationships by pixelpointpress.com
- Search Marketing: The Year in Review and Predictions for 2014 by pixelpointpress.com
- How to Create Shareable Content with Ashley Tate and Clifton Flack by pixelpointpress.com
- Content Is King, but… by i-pointmediagroup.com
- John Mueller closing keynote at SMX Israel by managinggreatness.com
- Optimizing for mobile by managinggreatness.com
- SEOs give up their most awesome SEO tips by managinggreatness.com
- Awesome content strategies by managinggreatness.com
- Awesome link building tactics and ideas by managinggreatness.com
- What’s new and what’s coming in search? SMX Israel keynote from Barry Schwartz by managinggreatness.com
- You Want To Crowdsource Your Marketing? Here’s My Presentation To SMX Israel’s Give It Up (1/3) by internetmarketingninjas.com
- Veribo presentation at SMX Israel vy veribo.com
- SMX Israel 2014: Big Content Strategies vy 360opps.com
- SMX ישראל 2014 – המיטב by nekuda.co.il
- 28 טיפים שלקחתי מכנס SMX 2014 by eliavsys.com
And of course, thanks again to our sponsors for making this possible including Google, Analytics Ninja, Trusted Proxies, ZEFO, Rapid Fire Consulting, Universal McCann Search, Majestic SEO, PixelPointPress, aimClear, Kenshoo, and Curiyo.
Thanks to all our speakers, attendees, advisors for making this such an amazing show.
Forum discussion at Google+.