Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Did Google Soften The EMD Algorithm?
Over a year ago, Google introduced an algorithm to reduce the amount of exact match domains from showing up when those EMDs are not as useful as other sites. Some at...
- Google: Duplicate Content Pollutes 25-30% Of The Web
We all know Google's take on duplicate content, it is not spammy, it is not something they have penalties for unless you are being completely evil...
- Google On IE11 Displays Left Aligned
Google and Microsoft's Internet Explorer 11 are not acting nicely together. In short, if you are using IE11 and you do a search at Google, the results will be extremely close to the left hand side of the page...
- Google: Let's Go Caroling Card
There is a new Google Now card for a search on [Let's Go Caroling], honestly, I am surprised it does not work on all Google searches. In any event...
- Google AdSense A/B Test Winner Not Setting?
A month ago, Google launched native A/B testing for AdSense ads. When Google was 95% confident of an ad type being a winner, it would show you the results and let you choose the winner to continue to run...
- Google Glass Snowman
The snow is here in many parts of the world and who would have thought to put Google Glass on a snowman? Donovan Baldwin did. Honestly, I would have also if I didn't have sent back my Glass for a re
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Inspect your mobile site with PageSpeed Insights for common…, Pierre Far - Google+
- My legit inbound link turned into spam link after their site was hacked, WebmasterWorld
- New Rules for Domain Name Registrants Starting January 2014, WebmasterWorld
- This is what happens when you bait Matt Cutts into an attack, blackhatworld.com