Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- CSV Or Text File Format Required For Disavow Link Tool
To many of us, submitting a disavow link file to Google for their consideration should be done in CSV or text format. Most of us wouldn't consider using an excel file or Word document. But that is not always the case.
- Google Adds The Christmas & Kwanzaa Decorations
First Google added the festivus pole to the search results, then the Chanukah decorations and now we have decorations for searches for [christmas] and [kwanzaa] on Google. Here are pictures of them. Christmas: Kwanzaa: Of course...
- Removing Information From Google's Knowledge Graph
Seven months ago, the Google Knowledge Graph launched and since then, it has been an incredibly important part of Google search and the future of Google search...
- Google Mobile Ads Tries To Fix Fat Fingerred Clicks
The Google Mobile Ad blog announced that now when you click on the border area of a Google mobile ad, Google will require you to click again to click through to the ad. Google says this is to prevent accidental clicks on mobile devices...
- Google Asks For Your AdWords Christmas Wish List
Eric, the Google AdWords Community Manager, posted a thread at Google AdWords Help asking advertisers for their wish list. He wrote: What AdWords features would you like Santa Claus to bring to you...
- GooglePlex Menorah
Amir Shevat took a picture of the menorah at the GooglePlex last week. Chanukah officially ended Sunday but I wanted to share this picture. As you can see, it is the same lava lamp menorah from last
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google's Second Brain - The Knowledge Graph and the Evolution of Search, WebmasterWorld
- Labeling an Ad but not using "no follow", WebmasterWorld
- Question About "ig-opensocial.googleusercontent", WebmasterWorld