Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Does Yelp Dominate Google's Local Web Results?
A common issue I see with the Google results are the number of Yelp results a Google search can return for a local type of keyword phrase...
- Google's Matt Cutts Describes How He Finds Low Quality/Spammy Guest Blogging
Guest blogging has been a large topic over the past couple years in the SEO space. In a recent video by Matt Cutts, Google's head of search spam, Matt answered the question..
- Asynchronous Google AdSense Code Now Default Option
Around July 2013, Google released support for a BETA version of asynchronous AdSense code. It went over very well, so well that it is now not only out of beta a few months later, it is...
- Google: Responsive Design Doesn't Give You A Ranking Boost
Google's John Mueller posted in a Stack Exchange thread that responsive design doesn't give you a ranking boost...
- Google: Stop Using Fake Google+ Profiles To Trick Users
I don't get it and this happens from time to time. A site owner is upset his site is not ranking well. He goes onto the Google Webmaster Help forums to complain and...
- Google's Matt Cutts Computer Screen
Google's head of search spam, Matt Cutts, shared a photo of him reading Reddit on his laptop while listening to the co-founder of Reddit give a talk. SEOs would pay big bucks to see what is on Matt's
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Acquires Mobile Analytics Company, Onavo, WebmasterWorld
- Foursquare Launches Ads System For Small Business, WebmasterWorld
- Mark Your Calendars! Upcoming Webinar Schedule, AdWords Community
- Spamming on Bing Ads, WebmasterWorld
- Welcome To Google SEO News Co-Moderator brotherhood of LAN, WebmasterWorld
- Windows 8.1 now available! Microsoft Windows 8, WebmasterWorld