Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google AdWords Quality Score Boosts Landing Page Factor
Google announced last night they are rolling out quality score changes. Specifically, Google increased the "weight given to relevance and landing page quality." Landing page quality became a Quality Score factor back in 2005...
- Google Trusted Stores: Badges & Ratings
Google launched a new feature named Google Trusted Stores. Google launched it to help buyers shop with a little bit more ease and confidence in the retailers they are buying from online...
- Google's Retail Store: Chromezone
Google is taking the Apple route and opening up retail stores to sell Chromebooks. ThisisLondon reports Google has set up a "285sqft pop-up "shop within a shop", which only sells Google's Chromebook laptop and a few accessories such as headphones...
- Google's Latest Ad Format: Circulars
Bloomberg reports Google is starting to test a new search ad format that looks like web based online circulars...
- Unofficial: Search Google Images By Drawing
Franz Enzenhofer built this cool feature that lets you draw a picture (or take a picture of yourself with your webcam) and then search Google Images using the search by image feature based on your drawing. I decided to draw elmo...
- Googlers Playing Nok Hockey
Here is a picture from the Top Contributors summit from a couple weeks ago. The picture was posted on Google + by Maggie Tattersall showing Googlers playing nok hockey. Here we have Pierre Far vs...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Big difference is CTR of two ads which isn't being reflected in CPC, WebmasterWorld
- Map icons not showing..., Google Maps Help
- AdWords Top Contributors at Google, Mountain View., Google AdWords Help
- Having a problem with your Google Places listing? Visit a new feature of our Help Center, Google Places Help
- Link building with no effect, WebmasterWorld
- Yandex Invests $15 Million In Blekko, and $15 Million From Others, WebmasterWorld