Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Doodle For 46th Anniversary Of Star Trek
Google has just uploaded to all their home pages (regional ones) the 46th Anniversary Star Trek Google Logo/Doodle. Typically Google will load the logo on the anniversary day, so in the U.S., it would be when the clock strikes midnight tonight...
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: September 7, 2012
A slower week in search news, mostly due to Labor Day but there were some fun topics. First, I posted my large monthly Google webmaster report. I still think there is some type of Google update brewing...
- Google: Bing Still Using Our Click Data For Ranking
About a year an a half ago, Google outed Microsoft for tracking click data on Google through Internet Explorer. It was a big deal and it hurt the reputation of both Microsoft and even Google - I get into that over here. That being said...
- Bing It On: Is Bing Really Preferred To Google?
Bing announced that based on their blind taste testing of Bing versus Google, searchers tend to prefer Bing search results to Google "nearly 2:1." Do you find that hard to believe...
- Can't Remove Bad Links? Last Resort, 404 The Web Page
The topic isn't new, we actually covered it a couple months ago under the title Want To Disavow Links In Google Now...
- Google Spam Fighters Eat Strawberry Panda Candies
What do Google Spam Fighters eat as a snack while squashing spam? They eat strawberry Panda candies. These strawberry filled snacks help folks like Matt Cutts and his search spam team stay focused o
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Hawaiian Searches Bringing Up a Map of Algeria, Google Maps Help
- Twitter API V1.1 Launches, With API Clarification Over API Limits, WebmasterWorld
- Google WebmasterTools not updating, DigitalPoint Forums
- I'm always glad when Google opens up a little more, and…, Matt Cutts - Google+
- Some of these Google search shortcuts are specific to the…, John Mueller - Google+