Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Cutts & Mueller On PageRank Penalties & Selling Links
Yesterday, both Matt Cutts and John Mueller of Google answered the same question on PageRank penalties for selling links without knowing the other answered them...
- Googler: Don't Use business.txt Files
One of the latest webmaster things floating around the web today is on the businesstxt file. It is based on the concept of a robots.txt file but is there to give business owners an easy way to give search engines and local search engines a way to discover the business address(es). Business...
- Tablet Users Being Forced Into Google Mobile Interface
A Google Web Search Help forum has several tablet users upset that they are being forced into a smartphone enabled mobile interface on their tablet devices. They want the full user experience...
- Floppy Disk Google Logo
Here is a picture of a Google logo made up of floppy disks pasted to a wall. I should put Googler, Richard Hay on my payroll. He is constantly posting public pictures of cool Google stuff.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- server migrated, dns migrated, but google still spiders old server, WebmasterWorld
- Google Maps Navigation speech hangs / repeats continuously, Google Maps Help
- Heather's 'Quantum dots' business is looking for C..., AdWords Community