Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Site Down Too Long? Your Google Rankings Will Suffer
A Google Webmaster Help thread has one webmaster complaining his site is slowly dropping out of the Google index and wanted to know why. JohnMu from Google explained that one of the reasons is because his site is simply often offline...
- Google + In Google Search Results
Google announced they are now incorporating Google + posts and information directly in the search results. Here is a picture: Now, prior Google did show these types of information with Twitter results and even based on your Google Profile public links profile...
- Google Analytics Traffic Change? Here Is Why.
Last Thursday, Google announced how they have made a change to how they define a session. Before Thursday Google Analytics ends a session when: More than 30 minutes have elapsed between pageviews for a single visitor. At the end of a day. When a visitor closes their browser...
- Motorola To Be Acquired By Google (Android)
Google announced they are putting in a bid to acquire Motorola Mobility. The shocker is how much they paid, "for $40.00 per share in cash, or a total of about $12.5 billion, a premium of 63% to the closing price of Motorola Mobility shares on Friday, August 12...
- Lego Angry Birds
Angry birds made up entirely of lego. This is a picture posted by Chris Pirillo on Google + and I thought it would be cool to share here.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Charging Clients Via An Acqusition Model In Ppc/what Formula To Use., HighRankings Forums
- Google cached link brings up list of other webpages instead of content of page!, Google Webmaster Help
- What to Look For When Hiring A Link Builder, Sphinn