Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's "Actively Discussed On Google+" In Search Results
Google is testing yet another Google+ integration in the search results. This one is named "Actively Discussed On Google+" and shows up for some users. The feature basically gives you an additional link under the search results that says "Actively Discussed On Google+...
- adCenter Removed Age & Gender Targeting
Sometime in March of this year, Microsoft removed the ability to to target your ads based off of age and gender. They quietly pulled it and there was no real formal announcement about it...
- Google Gets Interactive Calculator
Google has upgraded their calculator in the search results. A couple days ago, if you searched for 2+2...
- 5 New Google Webmaster Hangouts On Friday
Google's John Mueller announced on Google+ that there will be five different Google Webmaster related hangouts tomorrow on Google+. Google Webmaster Hangouts are where Googlers or top contributors host and answer webmaster related questions...
- Google NYC Stairwell Mural
Chris Schrier from Google posted a picture of one of the stairwells at Google's New York City office. You can see it was painted by some Google artist or something. It is a Google stairwell mural.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Maximum number of reconsideration requests per site?, WebmasterWorld
- How to deal with user-generated *partially* duplicate content?, WebmasterWorld
- Majestic SEO / Open Site Explorer comparison by Eric Enge, WebmasterWorld