Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Extends Deadline For Tax & Ship Requirements For Merchant Data Feeds
The Google Merchant Center Blog announced they have extended the June 6th deadline to September 1st...
- Are Social Ranking Signals Making A Better Search Result?
There is an excellent verbal poll running at Sphinn now asking SEOs if they feel that social ranking signals are making for a better set of search results...
- Google's +1 Website Button Now Live
The big Google news from yesterday was that they officially launched the Google +1 button for webmasters and site owners to place on their sites. You can get the code to add the button to your site by going here. We have already replaced our Google Buzz icons with the +1 button...
- Google Checkout Badges Gone From AdWords Ads
Google has finally dropped the Google Checkout Badges which have been part of the AdWords listings for four plus years...
- Fun: The Panda Compliant Video
An Australian SEO company named Advia created this pretty funny Google Panda commercial and posted it on YouTube. Here it is: Funny...
- Googlers On The Wall
Here is a picture taken by socialnerdia of a wall of Googlers at the GooglePlex. The picture is made up of pictures of Googlers forming a Google logo in color. I am not sure if this is new or not.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- New AdSense interface crashes my iPad, WebmasterWorld
- Exceedingly long length of time in pending status, Google Places for business Help
- doodle Festa della Repubblica, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Fathers day Doodle, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Google Offers launched - get the latest offers in your inbox!, DigitalPoint Forums
- I cannot seem to see my listing on actual website no matter what I do, and I'm not sure if I'm verified or not. Help!, Google Places for business Help