Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Panda 3.7 Refresh Rumors
The ongoing WebmasterWorld thread has been tracking Google updates and several SEOs there believe that Google is doing a Panda refresh, which would take us to Panda version 3.7. Google has not confirmed a Panda refresh. The last Panda refresh was Panda 3.6 on April 27th so we are due a new Panda refresh any time now.
- Overheard In Starbucks: Google Penguin & Panda Updates Prevent Tricks
The head of the Google search team, the man who is in charge of every search you do at Google, the man responsible for the Penguin and Panda updates...
- Google Now Treats 404 & 410 Status Codes The Same
Back in the day, there was a difference between how Google responded to a 404 vs a 410 server header response code. 410s were faster and more permanent. It seems as if that may have recently changed.
- Google AdWords MCC Analytics Linkage Bug
A Google AdWords Help thread has complaints from those who manage many accounts with MCC (My Client Center) access, that when they try to click on the Google Analytics link...
- Manage Your Google+ Local Page
Google's + Local business rep (I guess formerly Google Places rep) Vanessa started a thread at Google Business Help answering common questions from business owners concerned about managing and maintaining their business listings in Google Maps with the new Google+ Local changes...
- Android Finishes 12K Race In 01:04:11
This is just awesome, Andrew Flynn, a Google Android Engineer not only ran a 12k race but did so wearing the Android costume. He finished the Bay to Breakers 12k in 1:04:11 finishing 2,208 of over
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Basic Seo Without The Techno-Superstition, HighRankings Forums
- We're so glad you enjoyed last week's synthesizer doodle…, Google - Google+
- Google Maps for Android - 6.8 update, Google Maps Help
- Hangouts On Air Technical Guide!, Google+ Help