Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Marketing With Google Correlate
Google announced a very cool new tool named Google Correlate yesterday. It basically allows you to see correlation data over time and by geographic location. You can even upload your own data to it and Google will try to find search terms that had the same correlation data as your own data...
- Google Maps Android Update: Version 5.5
The Google Maps team announced a new version of the Android Google Maps app, they are now up to version 5.5. The new features include: New check-in and rating buttons added to Place pages
- Cutts: Google PageRank Update Coming Soon
During the live Q&A with Matt yesterday, one of the questions bound to come up is when is Google updating Toolbar PageRank. The last Toolbar PageRank update was in January and it has now been 5 months with no PageRank update.
- 5 Million Views On Google Webmaster YouTube Channel: Matt Goes Live
Yesterday I made the bold (sarcasm) prediction that Matt Cutts would do a live Q&A in the near future. Well...
- Google Hotel Billboard
Yet another Google Hotel spotted. I am not sure exactly where this one is but it seems to be from somewhere in the middle east. It says Hotel Google as was tweeted by @radha_.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 90 Days Later, J.C. Penney Regains Its Google Rankings, Sphinn
- A Campaign Prep Checklist For Link Builders, Sphinn
- Confirmed: Twitter Acquires Tweetdeck, WebmasterWorld
- Google Research Paper on Online Reviews for Merchants and Products, Sphinn
- How do I structure my AdWords account?, Google AdWords Help
- Pagerank- Link Acquistion Still A Good Idea?, HighRankings Forums
- strange image search results (that seem to be completely off), Google Webmaster Help