Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- 50 Google Search Quality Updates
Last night, Google announced a 50 changes they made to search over the past month or so. Prior to this, 40 changes in February, then 17 changes in January of this year...
- Google: Go As Far Back As Possible To Remove Paid Links
Google's John Mueller responded in a Google Webmaster Help thread to a webmaster who received one of those unnatural links warnings...
- Google's "Ingredients" In AdWords Quality Score
Tanmay Arora, a Google representative focused on AdWords performance, posted on the Google AdWords Help forums a list of "ingredients" that make up the Google AdWords Quality Score. Here they are...
- Australian Court Rules Google Is Liable For Deceptive Search Ads
Google has seem to have taken a major blow in Australia after The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has beat Google in appeals court on a case on search ads...
- Google's Special Treat For The Qingming Festival
If you go to Google and search for The Qingming Festival you will see a special easter egg in the search results. Try searching [qingming festival] on any Google property...
- 500 Microsoft Employees At Internal SEO Conference
As you know, Microsoft is a huge company and they have tons of web properties that need SEO. Microsoft runs their own internal SEO conferences to save costs on sending these marketers to conferences.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Ad Intelligence Plugin Not Showing Forecast Data?, microsoftadvertising.com
- AdSense Google+ Page, Google AdSense Help
- We would like to hear your feedback on the AdWords..., AdWords Community
- Why use hidden backlinks?, WebmasterWorld