Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Apps Accounts Now Can Verify Their Google+ Pages
Earlier this year, we reported that Google was working on a way for Google Apps accounts to verify Google+ pages. A few months later...
- Google Testing Cache/Similar Drop Down Links More
In February we reported this but it seems like the test Google is running to show "similar" and "cache" links in a drop down on the right side of the search snippet is starting to grow. Here is a picture: This picture was from a video of it in action by tecnonetblog...
- Squidoo Now NoFollows Their Outbound Links
Squidoo, a huge user generated content web site founded by Seth Godin...
- Google's Cutts: Buying Links Doesn't Hurt???
A recent video from Google's head of search spam , Matt Cutts named If a site linking to mine gets caught selling links, what happens to my site...
- Google Rolling Out New Places Design & Features
Google announced they are gradually rolling out a new and improved Google Business Places page dashboard. The new dashboard is easier to use, enables you to make edits that go live sooner...
- Lexus With Google Self Driving Technology
Google's Brandon Badget posted a picture of a Google self driving car on the road, but not just any self driving car, a Lexus. He wrote on his Google+ page, "Self driving Google Lexus on the right. #
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Amazon Web Services, Google Webmaster Help
- Fake BingBot, WebmasterWorld
- Unnatural Link Penalty - What Does "Recovery" Mean?, WebmasterWorld
- New to Google AdWords Hangout series: Master the b..., AdWords Community
- Upload and share full-size photos from your desktop Back…, Jon Emerson - Google+