Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Shutting Down AdSense For Domains
The Google AdSense For Domains program is being shut down by Google. The last day is April 18, 2012. Google posted this news on this page and people have started to notice the news. Here is the timeline: February 22: AdSense publishers
- Google Mobile Images Leads To Wrong Image?
Here is an interesting bug reported in the Google Web Search Help forums. Open up your smart phone, go to Google Sweden...
- Mobile AdSense Publishers Need To Update Ad Code By May 1, 2012
The Google AdSense blog announced they are doing away with the AdSense for Mobile Content ad type and replacing it with the core content ad creation section...
- Are The Waves Wrong On The Hertz Google Logo?
Today on Google's home page is a special logo for Heinrich Rudolf Hertz. Hertz was born a 155 years ago and Google wanted people to remember him and his contributions to the world. Here is the logo: It is basically an animated gif. The wave logo represents electromagnetic waves...
- Google Church Sign
It is now pretty common to see the sign outside of a Church to carry a message about Google not having all the answers. This image is from Mark Loveridge on Flickr where the sign reads, "Google doesn
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- AdSense Publisher Toolbar Still A Work In Progress, WebmasterWorld
- Google Is Heavily Weighting Words In Url, HighRankings Forums
- Tag cloud is not indexed by search engine, Google Webmaster Help
- Twitter and Yandex Team Up For Real Time Search, WebmasterWorld
- When Should You Remove Information Section From Ecommerce Site?, WebmasterWorld
- Best Link Building - my experience, WebmasterWorld
- Can SSL certificates influence geo targeting?, WebmasterWorld
- Doodle Carnival, Google Blogoscoped Forum