Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: February 1, 2013
This week at the Search Engine Roundtable, we share the anger webmasters have about the new Google image search design. Some webmasters are upset with BingBot crawling too much and possibly even AdWords ads
- Google Updates Maps Review Spam Algorithms
Googler, Dasha, announced in a Google Maps Help thread that they made a major update to their spam algorithms to block spammy reviews in Google Maps. Dasha said that Google "made some recent improvements to our spam detection algorithms that have increased the number...
- The Grand Slam Google Doodle Bug
Yesterday, Google featured a special Google Doodle for the 94th birthday of Jackie Robinson. The Doodle/Logo rocked but there was a serious issue with it. When you clicked on the logo, the first result that ranked was jackierobinson.com. The ...
- Google Keeps Asking iOS Users: "Would Like To Use Your Location"
A Google Web Search Help thread has several reports over the last several days of iOS users, Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, complaining that every time they go to Google, they are asked "Google would like to use your location," yes or no...
- Animated Google AdSense Ads
Google is testing a new form of ads where the ads animate and reform themselves as you place your mouse cursor over them. It is a form of animation within the Google AdSense ad formats. @IncrediBILL posted videos of what these look like at WebmasterWorld when you interact with them. They are pretty wild!
- Another Google Maps Bug: 403 Errors On Google+ Local Verification
A Google Business Help thread has several complaints from business owners that when they try to verify their business listing within Google Places / Google+ Local they are greeted with a 403 server error. In other words...
- Golden Gate Bridge Google Maps Pin
Richard Hay from Google snapped a picture of a large Google Maps pin at Google outfitted for the Golden Gate Bridge. The Golden Gate Bridge is one of the more popular bridges in the US, located in Sa
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook 4Q Revenue Reaches $1,585 Billion, With Ad Revenue Up 41pct, Ending Full Year at $5.089 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- When You Can't Make Backlinks Nofollow, Cre8asite Forums
- I Have 500+ Links From One Site, HighRankings Forums