Google has announced in the Google Places Help forums a new video they posted using Google+ Help Desk Hangout On Air to answer questions about Google Maps and Google Places.
Here is the outline followed by the video:
- 0:45 - What is Google Places for business?
- 1:31 - How a user sees business information on Google
- 9:22 - Adding your business information
- 13: 35 - How any user can help us keep places information up to date
- 17:58 - Top Contributor Jack joins the Hangout! (Some tech issues here.)
- 22:46 - Joel and Jack answer your questions for the rest of the hour, including: ranking in search results; marking a business as closed; 'at a glance' terms; best practices for descriptions and service area businesses; and more!
It is a bit shaky at start but ends well.
Forum discussion at Google Places Help.