The thread doesn't really have many changes being reported. Most people are on the look out for the Caffeine index going live across all or more data centers. However, we have not really seen that happent yet. Maybe it will later this month, but as of now, there are not signs that Caffeine is live on a larger scale than the single data center. There are some discussions of normal flux and changes in the SERPs, that coincided with the New Years PageRank update, but not are all on the same page about that.
In any event, here are the key changes over the past month at Google, since our last report:
Google SEO/Webmaster Related:
- Google Toolbar PageRank Update (New Years 2010)
- Mass Google Toolbar PageRank Penalty of December 2009???
- New: Cross Domain Canonical Tag Google Support
- Google Uses ccTLD Over Server Location for Localizing Search Results
- Google Promises to Fix Google Webmaster Tools API Verification Process in January
- Google Blogger & Webmaster Tools Verification Bug
- Google To Add "Trustworthy Indicator" to Site Performance Tool
Google User Interface/SERP Related:
- Google Removes SEOs from Local One Pack in Search Results
- Yahoo Adds Twitter to Search Results, Google's Twitter Results Now Live
- Larger Google Images & Region Tags In Google Search Results
- Google's Blue Interface (AKA Jazz) Being Seen By More Searchers
- Google Drops Answers.com For Google Definitions
- Malware in 2010 : Hiding in Google Search Results
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.