Google shows about ten Sesame Streets logos over three days for their 40th anniversary. Google, Yahoo, Bing, AOL and others dressed up for Halloween. Google's home page fade adds "this space left blank," and it is ridiculous. AdSense is testing out a new interface. AdWords keeps banning advertisers. We got the detailed November 2009 Google webmaster report. AdWords now officially has Sitelinks. Publishers need to update their Sitemaps for Google News within six months. Google Maps updated the business listing quality guidelines. Google created a single dashboard. Google adds page previews to search options. MSN previews a new design. Matt Cutts drops WebmasterWorld cold. Sphinn leaves beta and adds premium features. PubCon is next week, we will have live real time coverage of the sessions. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Google Celebrates Anniversaries For Sesame Street, Wallace & Gromit & Many Others
- Google Really Likes, Really Likes, Sesame Street: Adds Cookie Monster and Ernie & Bert
- Halloween Logos from Search Engines: Google, Bing, Yahoo & Many More
- Google's Home Page Instructs: "This Space Intentionally Left Blank"
- Google's New Beta AdSense Interface Looks Slick
- Google Keeps Banning AdWords Advertisers
- November 2009 Google Webmaster Report
- Google AdWords Ad Sitelinks, Now Official
- Publishers: Google News To Require A New Sitemaps File
- Google Maps Updates Business Listing Quality Guidelines
- Google Finally Creates a Dashboard to Manage Your Google Life
- Google Finally Tries Page Previews
- MSN Home Page Gets a Major Face Lift
- Google's Matt Cutts Goes a Year Without Posting at WebmasterWorld
- Sphinn Comes Out of Beta
- PubCon 2009 In Vegas Live Blogging Schedule