Google updates the toolbar PageRank scores yesterday. Bing did yet another search index update. Google launched social search in the experimental labs. Google adds instructions for their simplistic fading home page. Yahoo finally killed GeoCities. Did Bing figure out 301 redirects? Google Sitelinks can take two weeks to be blocked. Google treats 410 status codes differently from 404s. Google tests cost per lead comparison ads in mortgage and refinance industry. Google graduates similar image search. Google Maps to fix a one box mistake. Google warns that publishers should not block the AdSense certified 3rd party network. A new adCenter Desktop beta might be coming November 6th. Google Maps adds navigation GPS tool to Android 2.0 on Verizon Wireless Droid. Should Diller sell Ask.com to Microsoft or donate it to Rutgers. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Google October 2009 Toolbar PageRank Update
- Yet Another Bing October 2009 Update?
- Google Social Search Now Live
- Google Pushes Fading Home Page Test To More, Adds Instructions
- Goodbye GeoCities: Yahoo Shuts Down GeoCities Today
- Is Microsoft Bing Finally Figuring Out 301 Redirects?
- Blocking Google Sitelinks Can Take Two Weeks Or More
- Google Now Treats 410 Status Code As "More Permanent" Than 404 Status Code
- Google Comparison Ads For Mortgages & Refinancing
- Why Don't I See 'Find Similar Images' in Google Yet?
- Google Maps to Fix One Web Box Result Bug
- Google Warns, Don't Block AdSense Certified Ad Network
- New Microsoft adCenter Desktop Beta Coming November 6th?
- Google Maps Navigation Makes iPhone Users & Others Jealous of Droid
- Should Diller Sell Ask.com? No, Donate it to Rutgers University