Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Names My "Deep Sitelinks" as "Forum Sitelinks"
Last night, the official Google Blog announced that they are now showing Forum Sitelinks. This is a special form of Sitelinks, which I previously named deep(er) Sitelinks. Here is a picture: It is incredibly useful with blogs, forums and any site that covers a very nice topic, over and over again. This allows Google to show what they think is the best result for the query at the top and then show an additional four
- Foggy Google Maps Satellite Pictures?
If you check out New Delhi on Google Maps, you will see a big fog hovering over the location. Why is that? Here is a current picture: A Google Maps Help thread reported this issue this morning. A few hours later, Howard from the Google Maps team replied, "Thanks for the report. We will look into this." Have you see major clouds or fog in Google Maps before? Forum discussion at Google Maps Help.
- A Week Later, Google AdWords Fixes "Low Share of Voice" Bug
About a week ago, we reported that Google AdWords accounts were hit with "Low Share of Voice" notices from Google. These notices appeared in their reports and it shocked and upset many advertisers who have been optimally running their campaigns for years. After about a week or so of investigation by Google AdWords reps and engineers, Google has confirmed it was a reporting bug. AdWordsPro Stephen told us yesterday: I've asked for more information that
- Google Sync Goes Down: Gmail Push for iPhone Fails For Many
A couple weeks ago, Google brought push Gmail to the iPhone via an expanded version of Google Sync. People were incredibly happy about this and they signed up right away. Yesterday, people started reporting in a Google Mobile Help thread that Google Sync was down for them. The first reports came Tuesday late night or Wednesday early morning. Later on yesterday, Googler Bing, replied to the thread with a short heads up, "Thanks guys, we're
- Bing Adds Visual Search & More Links On Home Page
15 days ago, Bing launched visual search, if you haven't heard about it, click the link and watch the video demo. Today, people are noticing that Bing has added a link to visual search directly from the Bing home page. So I compared a Bing home page image I had from a month ago, to what I see there today, and I see Bing has added two new links. They added the visual search link
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Big Boobs Bouncing Back when Map Spam Attacks, Sphinn
- Can't upload PDF - error saving, please try again, Google Docs Help
- Client Banned, WebmasterWorld
- Google bosses on trial in Italy, WebmasterWorld
- Google game of getting more link to your site !!!, Google Webmaster Central Help
- How do you like to use Google to search for travel info?, Google Web Search Help
- Mozilla, MS not happy with Google Chrome Plug-in, WebmasterWorld
- Online advertising 'overtakes TV', WebmasterWorld
- Practical Guide to Finding Link Bait Inspiration, Sphinn
- The Anatomy of Linkbait, Sphinn