Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Roundtable Covers 30 Sessions at SES San Jose 2009
The SES San Jose conference is now complete and it was great going back to San Jose to see everyone. It has been a several months since I personally went to a conference, so it is nice to get back in the swing of things. I will be at SMX East in October and PubCon Vegas in November and potentially SES Chicago in December. In any event, as promised in our schedule, we covered 30
- Bing's Cashback Rewards A Big Hassle for Microsoft?
I am a big fan of Microsoft's Cashback program, as a consumer. As a searcher, I find it a bit hard to use - although it is getting better. But I have been watching the Bing forums and it just seems like this Cashback program is not only very expensive (giving cash to customers for purchases, up to 50% of those purchases) but it a big headache. Looking at just one section of the Bing
- A Google Bomb Logo? Nope. Hans Christian Ã˜rsted Birthday
Today, if you visit Google you might notice a whacky logo that might appear to you as a bomb of some sort. In reality, it is Google celebrating the birthday of Hans Christian Ã˜rsted. Who? Well, he was a Danish physicist born in 1777. He is best known for the observation of electric currents, which can induce magnetic fields. In other words, the logo, which you see below, shows how wires are passing an electric
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- How can I get Google to stop showing 'Madeleine McCann Jokes' as a suggestion when googling her name?, Google Web Search Help
- Adwords Bug - Adwords Disapprovals, WebmasterWorld
- iGoogle's new social features: social gadgets, Updates, and Friends, Google Web Search Help
- IYP SEO Rankings Report 2009, Sphinn
- On2 Investors File Lawsuits Over Google Deal, WebmasterWorld
- Reinclusion request for multiple websites at once, WebmasterWorld